It is no hidden fact that all the natural energy resources, such as coal, petroleum, diesel, natural gas, etc., are all getting depleted at a very high rate because of human activities. Humans have been using all these non-renewable energy resources recklessly. Since these are limited, the time is near when humans will be out of these energy resources. Therefore it is the responsibility of human beings only to conserve them and find alternative ways to use vehicles. The clean and green alternative of electric cars is a revolutionary idea to preserve these natural energy resources. So far, few automobile brands have been manufacturing electric vehicles, both four-wheelers and two-wheelers. But cars for personal use are the only categories where this should be implemented. Therefore Chevrolet has taken a step ahead and released Chevy’s new electric truck for commercial purposes.
About the electric truck
- The electric pickup truck designed and manufactured by Chevy has a classical approach.
- This electric variant of Silverado is deemed suitable for both luxury and work
- The truck has a great battery backup that gives a mileage of about 400 miles after a single charge.
- The models will be tiered as- low-tiered and high-tiered. High-tiered models will have better specifications.
- The feature of other battery backs is provided in high-tiered variants.
- Based on the trim, the truck can have up to three electric motors
- It is equipped with batteries that the company patents
- There are still some specifications and features of the pickup truck that are yet to be released by the company
- The truck is all set to launch in the year 2023
Costs and trims of the truck
The company has not yet released the price of the trucks, but it has been projected that in favor of fleet buyers, a stripped-down is set to be removed, and hence it is estimated that the price will be optimum and not some sky-high costs.
However, the prices of the models focused on the better luxury of the cabin interior can be pretty high because of the luxury specs.
Additional information about the truck
The truck’s towing and payload capacity is estimated to be similar to what the gasoline-operated truck variant can perform. For accurate estimates, you will have to wait for all the specs released by the company. The production plant is set up in the USA, where all the units will be manufactured.